Open-faced Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 pieces of bacon
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 roll of bread
- Set your oven to broil and allow it to heat up
- In a skillet or frying pan cook your two slices of bacon. (I like to leave them a little under cooked, so when I throw them back in, they can crisp up a bit more.)
- Place the two slices of bacon on a paper towel to drain. This is the only bacon fat you are getting rid of
- In the remaining fat in the pan, add the spinach and green peppers
- Stir the vegetables until the spinach has started to wilt. Trust me, the bacon fat adds to the deliciousness, and if you are a subscriber to the paleo diet, you will know that bacon fat is OK.
- Place your half roll into the oven, it should toast in there for about 5 minutes, no more than that or it will burn! Mine barely made it out alive :/
- Scramble your eggs in a bowl with about 1-2 tablespoons of water
- Pour the egg over the vegetables and stir regularly with a wooden spoon
- If you were my dad, you would remove it from the pan after a minute, he loves runny eggs! - crazy dude. However for me, I wait about 3-5 minutes until all of the egg has cooked
- In an effort to consume less bread, (but really just to maximize the egg consumption), remove the bread from inside of the half roll so that it is like a mini-bread bowl
- Scoop in the eggs, it's probably gonna explode over, so I used my spoon to press it down and add more on top. Or, just leave it on the side for bonus egg after you are licking your fingers from such a tasty sandwich and wanting more!
- You will find that the bacon grease gives it a great flavor, but if you need a little more, sprinkle with garlic salt or hot sauce and Enjoy!