Chicken Pesto Zoodles
SO I got a zoodler. I have walked around it a dozen times, it stared at me teasingly near the register every time I walked into Sur La Table, and finally I just bought it. I am so glad I did. I love spaghetti squash but sometimes even that can be pretty dense, and sometimes just not in season. The zoodler(I know that's not what it's actually called..) is a great way to make most veggies into pasta noodles.
- 6 small zucchinis (or 3-4 large ones)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 minced onion
- 1.5 lbs chicken cut into small pieces (mine was a mixture of thigh and breast)
- Pesto Ingredients:
- 1 bunch of basil
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cut the ends off of the zucchinis and place into the spiraler 1 at a time. I put my "zoodler" over the sink with a colander under it so that the zoodles fell into the bowl.
- Start boiling a medium pot of a water for the zoodles
- While the water is heating up, place about 1 teaspoon of olive oil into a skillet and sauté the onions and garlic
- While that is cooking, place all the ingredients for the pesto into a food processor. Pulse lightly until it has been blended into a nice pesto
- Add the chicken to the sautéed onions and garlic and cook for about 5-10 minutes
- By now, your water should be boiled. Add the zoodles to the water and cook for about 4 minutes
- Drain the zoodles and add to your chicken
- Stir in the pesto and allow to simmer for a couple more minutes
- I split it into 3 bowls for lunches and 1 for dinner! Enjoy!