Does it count as a dumpling if it's a cookie? Oh well. I made them anyways! I love meringue cookies. Since they are mostly just egg whites I like to think they are a better cookie option than most ;)
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Place the egg whites into a large bowl and turn on your electric mixer until the egg whites are fluffy
- With the mixer running, add the sugar a tiny bit at a time
- Keep the mixer on high until mixture forms stiff peaks
- Using your spatula, fold in the vanilla and vinegar
- Place small spoonfuls of meringue onto a cookie sheet with parchment paper. (I tried to do the squeegie bag style, but I am clearly an amateur pâtissier, so I just used a spoon)
- Smooth out each cookie with the back of the spoon
- Bake for 40 minutes, and then turn the oven off and leave inside for 1 hour. Do not open the door!
- Remove from oven and enjoy!!