Yum " />
- 2 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup hot sauce
- 16 chicken tenders
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 tablespoons seasoning mix (2 tbsp black pepper, 1 tbsp paprika, 2 tbsp celery salt, 2 tbsp garlic salt, 1 tbsp crushed red pepper, 1 tbsp cayenne pepper)
- 3 cups buttermilk
- Vegetable oil (for frying; about 4 quarts)
- Put salt, brown sugar, and 4 cups of water in a large pot over medium
- Stir until salt and sugar dissolve
- Take off of the heat and add hot sauce and 8 cups of ice water
- Add the chicken tenders, cover and chill for 4 hours
- If you are making Epic Brunch this is the time to hop back into the steps! Come back in 4 hours.
- And you're back! Combine two of the cups of flour and 4 tbsps of the seasoning mix in a shallow pan.
- Put the buttermilk into a medium bowl
- Take the chicken out of the brine and pat dry
- Dip each tender in the buttermilk, make sure there is no excess milk!
- Coat the tender in the flour mixture, make sure to get it in all the crevices!
- Set on a wire rack and set aside
- Once you have completed this for all of the pieces, toss out the flour and mix up the rest of the flour and seasoning
- Repeat the same process so the chicken has a double coating
- Now place in the fridge uncovered until you are ready to cook them the next day, Again, if you are working through Epic Brunch hop back into those steps now!
- Hey, you're back again! Take the chicken out of the fridge and let it sit for 30 minutes
- Now pour the veggie oil in a large pot
- Heat the oil until it registers at 325 degrees
- Split up into a few batches, frying a few tenders at a time until the are golden brown
- Place chicken on paper towels to absorb oil and set aside for up to 3 hours ahead of time