Grilled Tuna Saturday with Mango Salsa and Brown Rice
I love when I get to stay in Los Altos and use the grill! Beautiful house, and beautiful food.
- 1 lb big-eye tuna steak
- 1 scallion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 mangos
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 scallion
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Start with the marinade!
- Mince the garlic and scallion and throw it in a bag
- Cut your Tuna into 2-3 steaks depending on how hungry y'all are
- put the Tuna in the bag, and add rice vinegar and salsa
- Remove the air and make sure the Tuna is fully covered in the marinade
- Put into the fridge while you prepare the rest
- Start cooking 1 cup of rice - I learned how to use the rice maker. First, I "washed" the rice till the water ran clear, then added one cup rice and one cup water to the rice maker and watched it do it's magic!
- While this cooks, start the salsa!
- Dice your mango, avocado, red onion, cilantro and scallion
- Combine all in a bowl, and toss with salt, pepper, and the juice of the lemon
- Set aside while you make your tuna!
- Crank your grill to high and grab the fish
- Combine the garlic salt, white pepper and black pepper on a plate
- Thoroughly coat the fish with the rub on all sides
- Now you are ready for the quick cook!
- Sear the tuna for about 2 minutes each side
- Remove from grill and let rest for 5-10 minutes
- Put a scoop of rice, a scoop of salsa, and the fish on a plate and eat!