I don't know about you guys. But I LOVE pizza. I made a pizza, and can share the recipe later, but way more exciting are my pizza rolls! As a kid I would house these things like it was my job. Bagel bites and Pizza Rolls were the best afternoon snacks. Now I have come up with a recipe which is much fresher, and super easy to make! As always, my recipe is intended to be simple for everyone to be a cooking star! You can even choose to make it gluten-free if you feel so inclined.
- 2-3 cups of pizza dough (I bought my regular dough at Trader Joe's and gluten free from Bob's Red Mill. It's totally up to you if you want to be GF or not)
- flour (I used coconut flour)
- 1 cup diced pepperoni
- 3/4 cup diced Mozzarella
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 10 leaves fresh basil
- garlic powder (large pinch and 1 tablespoon)
- garlic salt (large pinch and 1 tsp)
- large pinch of oregano
- parsley (large pinch, 1/4 teaspoon, and 1 teaspoon)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- You should know by now I like to keep things simple. In a bowl combine the pepperoni, mozzarella, tomato sauce, dried and fresh basil, large pinches of garlic powder, garlic salt, oregano and parsley.
- You're almost done!
- In a small frying pan heat up your garlic clove, olive oil, red pepper flakes and 1/4 teaspoon of parsley
- In a small bowl combine the 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon garlic salt, and 1 teaspoon parsley
- Take about a tablespoon of your pizza dough and place onto a lightly floured surface
- With a rolling pin flatten out the piece of dough so it's about 3X3 inches
- Place a large spoonful of your filling in the center of the dough, fold in half, and seal all edges
- Dip the morsel into the olive oil mixture covering all sides
- Then coat one side by placing it in the garlic powder mixture
- Add to a lightly greased baking sheet
- Repeat the process until you have a few dozen pizza rolls evenly spaced on the baking sheet
- Place into the oven for about 12-15 minutes, or until they are golden brown
- Allow the cheese to cool and bit, and enjoy!