These were served on the side with my Swedish Meatballs so I decided to figure out how to make them myself. Turns out they are super easy to make and even easier to eat!
- 2 small cucumbers sliced as thinly as possible
- 1/2 red pepper sliced as thinly as possible
- 2 scallions diced
- 1/2 jalapeno (totally optional if you like to add spice, I also kept the seeds to add more spice)
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 4 tsps salt
- 3 tsps sugar
- 2 cloves garlic (optional)
- In a large jar with a lid add water, vinegar, salt and sugar
- Close the jar and shake vigorously until the brine is mixed
- Add your vegetables to the brine until completely covered, if you have too much brine just pour a little bit out, or add to a second jar with some of your vegetables
- Close jar and let sit at least a few hours or overnight
- Serve as a side to meatballs or eat plain!