Everyone loves apple pie right? So why not make it bite size!
- ~40 wraps
- Cup of warm waterr
- Deep Fryer or Sauce pan
- Cooking oil (I prefer peanut oil or coconut oil)
Note: If you are using a deep fryer you will need a large amount of oil, and coconut oil doesn't agree with deep fryers. If using Coconut oil, use about one jar in a sauce pan
- To prepare the apples, peel them and dice into small pieces no larger than 1/2 inch (too large of apple pieces can break through the dumpling wrap)
- Stir in the cinnamon and sugar (if you like it sweeter add a bit more sugar, tarter-less)
- Scoop a small spoonful into the center of your wrap
- For apple dumplings I prefer the "pillow fold"
- If you have a square wrap, grab one corner and fold it about 60 percent across towards the opposite corner (if you have a round wrap, just choose any part)
- Dab that corner with water and fold it over the top
- Then repeat with the other two corners
- Be sure to seal the edges to prevent leaks
- Either crank up your deep fryer, or add a jar of coconut oil to a sauce pan
- Add the dumplings in batches to the oil
- Cook until golden brown and then place on a paper towel to drain
- Toss in sugar and cinnamon if you like, and Enjoy!