French Toast Dumpling
- 1 package of cinnamon rolls
- ~ 12 strawberries
- 1/2 container raspberries
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese (I used sheep's milk ricotta)
- 2 eggs
- 1 jar coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Wash and dry the strawberries and raspberries
- Using the back of a fork, mush the raspberries into a bowl
- Holding the strawberry at the stem, slice in a "x" from the end of the berry to the white portion. The turn the strawberry and slice horizontally over the bowl so the small pieces of strawberry will cover the maroon of the raspberries.
- Add the ricotta cheese and stir all together until it's creamy.
- In a small bowl whisk the egg until it is a smooth yellow
- Open your container of cinnamon rolls (this is always my favorite part with the satisfying *pop* when the container bursts open)
- Cut a thin slice horizontally from the roll so you see the swirl of dough and cinnamon.
- Using your hands, mush and mold the dough into a flat piece
- Spoon a dollop of the fruit mixture into the center of the dough and seal the dough around it. Try not to let the filling seep out, but don't worry too much -- the egg will seal it.
- Continue making dumplings like this until your dough or filling runs out.
- Once you get close to finishing wrapping, empty your jar of coconut oil into a sauce pan and allow to heat up on medium while you finish the last few.
- Dip a morsel into the egg and drop into the hot oil, repeat for 3-4 more dumplings until the sauce pan is full but none are not touching.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes flipping occasionally to be sure each side is cooked.
- Remove from the oil and set on a paper towel to cool.
- Continue the process until all of your dumplings have been fried
- Swirl the maple syrup into the frosting included in your cinnamon roll package and set onto a plate for dipping.
- Dip a dumpling and enjoy!